Top Questions to Ask When Buying a Property
25th March 2014
The most crucial stage when buying any property is viewing.
When buying a house it pays to ask the right questions. Don’t be shy, as you’re perfectly within your rights to know everything about a property before you buy it. Bring a friend or family member with you on viewing if possible – two heads are better than one and they may ask questions you hadn’t thought of.
This guide should give you a good idea of what kind of questions buyers should be asking during a viewing:
- Does the house need work do to it? If so what needs doing?
- What is actually included? – Double-check what fixtures, appliances and fittings are/are not included.
- How old is the property?
- Could I add value to the house?
- Is the house at risk of flooding?
- Has the house ever been broken into?
- If the property doesn’t have a drive, is there decent parking available?
- Are there any structural problems you are aware of?
- What is the crime rate in the area?
- What are the schools like?
- Is the area on the up?
- Are there plans for developments in the area?
- What are the neighbours like?
- Does the area noisy? – Particularly important to ask if there are busy roads, pubs and clubs around.
- Is there a good sense of community?
- How close are the local amenities?
- How long has the property been on the market?
- Have previous offers been refused? Why?
- What is the minimum price the seller will accept?
- Is there room for negotiation?
- How much are other houses in the area going for?
- How quickly does the owner want to move and what’s their current position?
In today’s marketplace, we believe it is imperative that your agent works as a team with you. Our team of motivated, competitive and experienced individuals ensure that you get moving. Contact us for more information.